Older carers’ (65+) Community Development Worker
The Older carer’s community development role will provide day to day co-ordination of the Crossroads Care South East London project, including:
- Promote and raise the awareness of the project
- Develop further relationships with a range of health professionals and partner organisations
- Develop referral pathways to enable appropriate referrals for older carers to be received centrally at CCSEL.
- Provide a triage service to older carers who are referred, either over the telephone or via appointments at the person’s home.
- Referring older carers into a range of activities provided through volunteer, private or statutory providers.
- Strengthening the health and well-being resilience of older carers by providing a range of social and well-being activities
- Arrange and oversee a series of surgeries/workshops for older carers
- Follow up with older carers who have used the service to ensure that they are engaging successfully.
- Overseeing the evaluation of the project and managing project data for monitoring purposes
- Follow up with people who have used the service to ensure that they are engaging successfully.
- Maintain individual confidentiality and respects equal rights and diversity
We are a registered charity with 30 years’ experience delivering diverse services to carers of children, young people, adults and older people across the London boroughs of Bexley, Greenwich and Lewisham through community based support staff, operating within the family home or on outside activities.
The successful candidate will have a recognised qualification in health and social care (minimum level 3 QCF/NVQ) and a proven track record of working in this environment.
Experience in running projects and supporting older carers to increase both social connections and health behaviours is essential. You will also need to be a good team player, and demonstrate good understanding with people.
Conversant with Data Protection/Information sharing principles you will maintain and update information data we hold on this project ensuring compliance at all times.
You will be a great communicator and have the ability to work independently. It is important that you are IT literate, have a full driving license and can show clear understanding of evaluation impact & outcomes.
Your working week will be based at our Head Office in Erith and across the communities we operate in.
Closing Date: Tuesday 28th May 2019
Interviews will be held in the week commencing 3rd June 2019
The post is subject to a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure Barring Service check and two suitable references.
Please contact: email@example.com for an application pack
We value diversity in our workforce and encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Registered Charity No: 1076375